- a large whole chicken, at least 2 kg. in weight, deboned
- 1/2 kilo of ground chicken meat (you can substitute pork)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. of finely sliced onion leaves
- 1 chorizo de bilbao, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsps. of sweet pickle relish
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 slices of day-old bread, cut into small pieces and soaked in 2 tbsps. of milk
- Season the deboned chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours.
- To make the stuffing, just mix together the onion, onion leaves, sweet pickle relish, ground chicken or pork, chopped chorizo de bilbao, beaten egg and bread. Season with about a teaspoonful of salt and half a teaspoonful of ground pepper.
- Take the chicken from the fridge. Lay it flat on a large plate, breast side up. Fold the neck skin and tuck it underneath. Spoon the stuffing into the cavity. When half the stuffing is in, take the hard-boiled eggs and arrange them in a row along the middle of the cavity. Spoon the remaining stuffing in. Pull the skin on the tail end so that very little of the stuffing is exposed.
- Carefully slide the stuffed chicken onto the roasting rack. Roast in a preheated 170oC oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.