Adobong Kambing (Goat Meat Adobo)
- 1 kilo kambing spareribs (Goat’s Spare ribs), cut into serving pieces, bones intact
- cooking oil
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 2 stalk lemon grass
- 3 bay leaf
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 3-5 pcs. green hot chilli
- 3/4 c. vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Marinate kambing in 1/2 c. vinegar ( this will remove the pungent odor of the meat )
- 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper for 15 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- In a frying pan fry kambing in batches until color changes to golden brown and start to sizzle.
- In a saucepan put in fried kambing, pour in 2-3 c. of water, 1/4 c. vinegar and soy sauce.
- Add lemon grass, ginger, onion, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf and chilli.
- Bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 15-30 minutes or until tender and liquid is reduced to almost dry.
- Serve hot with a lots of rice.